Our growing company is seeking to hire a Production Support Coordinator. As an employee/owner at MEC, you will perform a variety of activities in accordance with definite rules and instructions; Assists in data gathering, filing, copying, or other related clerical duties, including the processing of information through the use of PCs or computer terminals; Performs other duties as required.
A role like this comes with some important responsibilities, some of those responsibilities include:
- Monitoring the absence call in line and notifying appropriate supervisors of employee absences
- Frequently assist operators when job packets are incorrect due to revision changes. May need to create new job packets including run charts, set-up charts, barcode labels, blueprints, etc…Make appropriate changes, re-print, copy, and distribute to operators and other personnel.
- Organizes and files shop packets, set-up specs, folders and prints.
- Assembles and distributes job packets, and may print pick tickets as needed for Jobs and distributes to the floor. Review and close out completed jobs, issue material for overruns. Coordinate with Production Planners on job shortages/issues/hot jobs.
- Review/maintain Job Priority List and prioritize “hot jobs” for the department. May need to arrange shipping pick-up/delivery of priority jobs between facilities.
- Data entry of inventory transactions including tubing and other components
- Locate and identify missing parts, loads and WIP in facility.
- Inventory Accuracy - ensure operator quantity counts are accurate; identify and correct any discrepancies found.
- Perform cycle counts of inventory items, including initiating counts, physical counting of items, data entry of counts into computer system, investigation of discrepancies, initiating corrective action plans
- Compiles data from sources such as production reports inventory transactions and shop work orders to prepare reports, graphs, etc.
- Ensures postings are current on group's communications boards.
- Act as a backup to other PSC’s and train New PSC’s when necessary
- Assists Supervisors with miscellaneous administrative duties.
Why Work for MEC?
We don’t want to brag, but we are honored to be the largest fabricator in the nation for 9 years in a row. That recognition isn’t handed out without a lot of hard work and dedication from the 3,000 employee shareholders at MEC. Did we say shareholders? YES! MEC is an employee-owned company that is highly involved and actively supports the communities in which our facilities are located.
Founded in 1945, MEC is a manufacturer that provides a broad range of Prototyping, Metal Fabrication, Tube Bending, Machining, Welding, Coating, and Value-Added Assembly services to a variety of markets including Commercial Vehicle, Power Sports & Recreational Vehicles, Agriculture, Construction & Forestry, Military, Mining, Automotive, and Power Generation companies. We continue to have an aggressive growth plan, operating 19 manufacturing facilities that are strategically located near its customers in eight states.
What Does It Take to Be a Fit for This Role?
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Prior office background utilizing office equipment such as calculators, computers, typewriters, etc. Must be familiar with various software programs such as Excel, and Word.