Click column header to sort
This position is part-time, Monday through Thursday 9AM-2PM.
As a Production Helper in our Vanderbilt, MI facility, you would work under close supervision performing helper’s work having to do with production operations and processing, such as positioning light weight materials on machinery for continuous processing, assembling and packaging parts for shipment, or otherwise assisting in production shop operations.
Our growing company is seeking to hire a Inventory Control Coordinator at our Vanderbilt, MI facility. As an employee/owner at MEC, you will perform inventory transactions, and assists in job closing, general communication with material handlers and anything involved with inventory locations. Assists in all job integrity issues and looking for lost parts or materials. Back-up with all cycle counting related duties.
A role like this comes with some important responsibilities, some of those responsibilities include:
- Enters scrap transaction for accumulators from production departments.
- Does cycle counting of all inventory (both fabricated and purchased) along with load to location audits.
- Communicates potential solutions and error proofing ideas to Materials Manager, Information Systems, and shop supervisors.
- Execute scrapping of parts through Obsolescence Program and as requested by others.
- Enters updates to powder & wet paint inventories.
- Enters any transactions material handlers are unable to do, or have problems entering.
- Coordinates and performs audits with outside auditors as requested by Accounting.
- Perform job closings and work in process (WIPS) maintenance.
- Closes out completed operations on jobs, issues material for overruns and coordinates with Production Planners on job shortages/issues and overruns.
- Locate and identify missing parts, loads and WIP in the facility.
- Inventory Accuracy – ensure operator quantity counts are accurate; identify discrepancies and have updated by PSC.
- Helps with bar codes, racking locations, labeling and other inventory location projects.
- Organize and coordinate the pulling of fixtures and parts for Engineer requests to send out to a supplier.
- Monitors “backflush” timing errors.
- Ability to operate a forklift and an aerial work platform when doing audits.
Why Work for MEC?
We don’t want to brag, but we are honored to be the largest fabricator in the nation for 8 years in a row. That recognition isn’t handed out without a lot of hard work and dedication from the 3,000 employee shareholders at MEC. Did we say shareholders? YES! MEC is a employee-owned company that is highly involved and actively supports the communities in which our facilities are located.
Founded in 1945, MEC is a manufacturer that provides a broad range of Prototyping, Metal Fabrication, Tube Bending, Machining, Welding, Coating, and Value-Added Assembly services to a variety of markets including Commercial Vehicle, Power Sports & Recreational Vehicles, Agriculture, Construction & Forestry, Military, Mining, Automotive, and Power Generation companies. We continue to have an aggressive growth plan, operating 19 manufacturing facilities that are strategically located near its customers in five states
What Does It Take to Be a Fit for This Role?
- Ideally, we are looking for candidates with an Associate’s degree, or equivalent from a two-year. College or Technical school; or a minimum of one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Someone that has a inventory experience is preferred.
Come explore all of the opportunities MEC has to offer. We would love to hear from you!
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include meeting production requirements, on-time shipments, quality, safety and housekeeping.
This is a 2nd Shift position.
Set-up, adjust and operate several production machine tools where tooling, setup detail and operating procedures are standardized and obvious- or operate and maintain setups on special purpose machines where operations may involve several progressive machining sequences. Generally close tolerance work where dimensional and finish requirements are not difficult to maintain due to nature of tooling and machine setups. Work usually repetitive and subject to process inspection. May be required to read part drawings and use adjustable, direct reading and fixed guages to check work. Requires a fundamental knowledge of machine shop operations as acquired by short job training and experience.
This position is for 1st Shift. We have openings at both our North facility (1444 Alexander Road) and South facility (8276 Yuill Road). If you have a location preference, please indicate it in your application.
Set-up, adjust, and operate several production machine tools where tooling, setup detail and operating procedures are standardized and obvious. Or, operate and maintain set-ups on special purpose machines where operations may involve several progressive machining sequences. Generally close tolerance work where dimensional and finish requirements are not difficult to maintain due to nature of tooling and machine setups. Work is usually repetitive and subject to in-process inspection. May be required to read part drawings and use adjustable, direct reading and fixed gauges to check work. Requires a fundamental knowledge of machine shop operations as acquired by short job training and experience.
The Quality Manager will lead and support the activities of the Vice President of Operations Tanks in the development and improvement of MEC Quality Management system; which at a minimum will meet the requirements of ISO9001:2008. Responsibilities will be to plan, develop implement, train in and assess the effectiveness of MEC’s quality systems to improve internal and outgoing product quality to achieve higher levels of customer satisfaction. This position
will be required to interact with all functional areas in the company to assure
seamless processes are in place that are effective and efficient to meet the quality
standards and expectations set by the customer. This position will develop quality metrics to access and assure processes are not only in compliance but also functioning as planned. Takes an active role in identifying quality issues, non-conformances and leads corrective action of those issues insuring that quality meets or exceeds customer requirements. Responsible for the audit function and leads efforts to achieve compliance with any new quality standards that new and existing customers requires. Leads, and directs Quality Technicians and Quality Engineers.