Click column header to sort
Set-up, check routine programs and operate automatic or semi-automatic numerically controlled machine tools and/or CNC machining equipment to perform standard or repetitive sequences of operations to meet close tolerance and finish requirements. Operations to include, punching, extruding, tapping, embossing, etc. involving recognized tool and fixture applications and proven program format. Work from instructions defining in detail tooling applications and coding, fixture and machine arrangements and console settings. Mount and secure tooling in rack, magazine or turret; align and secure fixtures, platens and work piece and check to establish reference points. Set stops and machine travel. Manually cycle machine to check tooling, fixture and/or work alignment, clearances, stops, etc. to program specifications, make adjustments to bring tolerances and finish requirements to specifications. Note and report variations in program sequence, positioning, cycle time, etc. Under supervision, assist with prove-out program for new work or critical variations. May recommend tooling arrangements fixtures, operation sequence, etc. May make setups for and instruct Machine Operators of lower skills. Work from part drawings and specifications. Use a variety of precision measuring instruments. Requires a general knowledge of machine shop practices and techniques, machine operation and tooling, as acquired through experience plus additional training on numerically controlled machine tools or NC Amada equipment and operations. Also includes laser operations.
Continually monitors the welding processes and verifies that all machines are functioning properly to produce quality, sound parts and required to have an advanced knowledge of welding parameters and principals to make adjustments and changes accordingly. Also, must function as a trainer, when necessary, on any of the areas listed in this job description.
Perform helper's work having to do with production operations and processing such as: position light weight materials on conveyor or feed mechanism for continuous processing , or position and/or remove materials to assist Machine Operator, supply containers, light raw materials or perform other like work. Under close supervision.
Responsible for performing a broad range of Technician level work for the businesses various welding processes this may include robotic weld programing, robotic weld program optimization, robotic weld machine set-up, robotic/manual weld trouble shooting. In conjunction with the Supervisors, Process Engineers helps set-up weld cells for new product launch. In coordination with the Weld Engineer improves welding productivity and documents on-going weld process capability.
Responsible for meeting customer needs by training employees to MEC Inc. weld requirements which can involve many of the following areas, conducting weld demonstrations with prospective applicants, developing, planning and executing course content and effective methods of instruction for all types of welded metals and assemblies. Responsible for training new and existing employees to quality and production levels required for manual/ robotic welding certification and various customer required certification. Observes and evaluates employees work to determine progress and provide feedback and suggestions for improvement. Observes the quality various products being welded may be called on to inspect more high profile product. Will require travel between facilities. Reports to the Weld Engineer that also has their CWI weld certificate.
Set-up, adjust and operate several production machine tools where tooling, setup detail and operating procedures are standardized and obvious- or operate and maintain setups on special purpose machines where operations may involve several progressive machining sequences. Generally close tolerance work where dimensional and finish requirements are not difficult to maintain due to nature of tooling and machine setups. Work usually repetitive and subject to process inspection. May be required to read part drawings and use adjustable, direct reading and fixed guages to check work. Requires a fundamental knowledge of machine shop operations as acquired by short job training and experience.
Supports production in the following areas: Sales order management, forecast management, customer interface and work order maintenance.
Setup and operate various sizes of tube benders to bend different size tubes to required shape. Install bend tooling and align properly. Program bender as needed. Work from job sheet to get proper blank tubes to bend. Use tape measure, super gauge, calipers, and fixed gauges.
Our growing company is seeking to hire a Materials Manager for our Greenwood, South Carolina facility. This is an incredible opportunity to work with a world class team!
In this role, you will provide leadership of MEC’s Materials Planning Team. This is a great position for a change agent who has passion for improving material flow to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction. MEC’s Materials Planning Manager will take an active role in leading the activities that meet and exceed our customer requirements for delivery and also managing our materials inventory.
A role like this comes with some important responsibilities, some of those responsibilities include:
- Lead our Materials Management team in planning, product flow, MRO spend and inventory management.
- The Materials Manager will lead a team of Planners, Material Handlers, the Shipping and Receiving Department and Cycle Counters.
- Responsible for inventory integrity by establishing systems that monitor inventory, establish daily measurement systems to monitor issues, administrate inventory policies that build robust controls to ensure 95% or better annual inventory accuracy rate.
- Responsible for on time availability of all purchased and stamped parts along with MRO items, develops a system that will minimize inventory levels while establishing world class delivery rates to our customers. Works closely with Purchasing and Manufacturing to continually drive down the cost of inventory.
- Maintains processes that improve customer delivery performance, establishes and maintains world class scheduling systems that minimize the cost of labor and inventory.
- Responsible for proper forecasting and adherence, builds finite scheduling systems that insure level loading production, establishes monitoring systems that hold Manufacturing accountable for mix and volume performance
- Responsible for maintaining strong supplier relationships and maintaining all documents that affect performance, cost, or delivery of purchased products from our suppliers.
- Responsible for Logistics control including shipping and receiving, develops and maintains Min/Max system for manufacturing and shipping/receiving that control FIFO and floor space utilization. Maintains world class housekeeping standards.
- Responsible for inbound and outbound freight cost and control, works closely with purchasing to insure cost effective logistics, establishes systems that insure delivery with no premium cost impact.
- Kanban process management
- Will be responsible for working directly with the customer on delivery issues and work with our production to minimize customer delivery issues.
- Will be responsible for working on cross functional teams and maintaining strong relationships with customers, suppliers and internal departments.
- Works with engineering team to maintain bill of material accuracy.
- Will be responsible for properly running out old material when new parts or products are integrated into manufacturing.
- Responsible for ensuring inventory accuracy within the plant to allow proper planning and minimize line shutdowns.
Why Work for MEC?
We don’t want to brag, but we are honored to be the largest fabricator in the nation for 8 years in a row. That recognition isn’t handed out without a lot of hard work and dedication from the 3,000 employee shareholders at MEC. Did we say shareholders? YES! MEC is a employee-owned company that is highly involved and actively supports the communities in which our facilities are located.
Founded in 1945, MEC is a manufacturer that provides a broad range of Prototyping, Metal Fabrication, Tube Bending, Machining, Welding, Coating, and Value-Added Assembly services to a variety of markets including Commercial Vehicle, Power Sports & Recreational Vehicles, Agriculture, Construction & Forestry, Military, Mining, Automotive, and Power Generation companies. We continue to have an aggressive growth plan, operating 19 manufacturing facilities that are strategically located near its customers in five states
What Does It Take to Be a Fit for This Role?
Ideally, we are looking for candidates who have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related field and 5 - 7 years of materials management experience in a contract manufacturing environment. Experience with metal fabrication, welding, assembly, and paint a plus. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and maintain or create procedure manuals a must. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Since you will be leading people in this role, you will need to be a great leader with solid communication, excellent problem-solving skills, and the ability to develop and motivate a team.
Come explore the opportunity MEC has to offer. We would love to hear from you!
Manages, supervises, and coordinates activities in the focused factory. This includes removing any problems or conflicts which interfere with carrying out the production plan issued by the production planners. In accomplishing this task he/she will insure that all safety rules are being adhered to and that the quality plan for the product is being followed.
Transport incoming and outgoing materials to designated areas as assigned. Operate forklift, electrical hoist or other power driven equipment to load or move materials. Supply production area with needed materials from inventory. Load or unload material onto or from pallets, trays, or shelves. Process required paperwork using RF (Radio Frequency) system when/where available. Performs preventive maintenance such as: daily vehicle inspection, recharging batteries, or replacing liquefied propane gas (LP) tank.
This person is expected to promote a team atmosphere necessary to get the job done efficiently and effectively. Evaluate, recommend, and implement changes in the department as necessary. Works with production Supervisors, Production Support Coordinator’s & Inventory Control to make effective changes in Systems and Procedures.