Are you someone who loves reading blueprints? Do you have experience with Tool, Jig and Fixtures? If you answered yes to either question, you are in luck. Our Bedford, PA location is looking to hire a Machinist (Tool/Jig/Fixture Maker). In this role, we are looking for someone that has experience as a Machinist, read blueprints and have the ability to build/repair fixtures.
A role like this comes with some important responsibilities, some of those responsibilities include:
- Assist with design and design modifications for tooling, fixtures and gauges.
- Ability to create, design and build without engineering plans/blueprints - specify tooling and materials needed for jobs
- Plan, lay out and perform all bench and machine operations to construct, alter and repair tools, fixtures, gauges, etc. where a high degree of accuracy is required.
- Capable of safely operating all machine shop equipment to a high degree of accuracy.
- Perform difficult machining operations requiring complicated set-ups involving the improvising of tooling and machines for adaptations beyond the normal range and capacities of available equipment.
- Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators.
- Perform complicated repairs and/or major adjustments to tooling and fixturing to produce parts to desired specifications.
- Good understanding of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) and Coordinate Measuring Machine applications (CMM) a must.
- All other duties assigned.
Why Work for MEC?
We don’t want to brag, but we are honored to be the largest fabricator in the nation for 9 years in a row. In fact, you can find MEC on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: MEC). This would not be possible without the hard work and dedication from our 2,500 plus team members. MEC is employee-owned company meaning that what YOU do on an everyday basis impacts our success as a company. We’re also proud to be a company that is highly involved and actively supports the communities in which our facilities are located.
Founded in 1945, MEC is a manufacturer that provides a broad range of Prototyping, Metal Fabrication, Tube Bending, Machining, Welding, Coating, and Value-Added Assembly services to a variety of markets including Commercial Vehicle, Power Sports & Recreational Vehicles, Agriculture, Construction & Forestry, Military, Mining, Automotive, and Power Generation companies. We continue to have an aggressive growth plan, operating 19 manufacturing facilities that are strategically located near its customers in eight states.
What Does It Take to Be a Fit for This Role?
- Having manufacturing experience is required.
- Machining experience is required.
- High school diploma required.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to understand work orders and follow instructions.
- Ability to understand and follow at MEC safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to left up to 50 lbs at a time. This position involves a lot of bending, twisting and lifting.