Are you someone who loves automation? Do you have experience with operating Press Brakes? If you answered yes to either question, you are in luck. The Robotic Brake Operator determines proper dies, setups of dies, setup of gauges, and adjustment of ram stroke to form all types of parts to proper angle and length that meet or exceed customer specification. You as the operator will manage two brakes at a time along with working on the Microsoft Windows platform.
A role like this comes with some important responsibilities, some of those responsibilities include:
- Selects, Positions, and aligns dies in machine ram and bed.
- Turns setscrews or bolts to fasten clamp bar that holds dies in position.
- Writes part programs and stores in machine.
- Lays out or details layout on work stock from blueprints.
- Positions work piece manually or with crane.
- Set-up and adjust computer program for robotic brakes
- Converts metric to decimal conversions for set-up and running specifications
- Starts machine to lower ram or depresses pedal to activate ram that bends or cuts metal.
- Verifies dimensions of work piece and make adjustments if necessary.
- Performs visual inspection and verification of parts for defects
- Train others in critical brake operation techniques and verifies that the work is done to customer specification.
- Rework parts as needed prior to shipment with a focus goal of zero rework of
- Reports all brake problems, inaccuracies in brake setup, non-conforming parts and inventory issues to Brake Supervisor.
- Keeps work area safe, clean and organized at all times.
- Helps handle customer inquiries, schedule changes and expedites.
- Demonstrates effective communication with lead and plant leadership.
- Attention to detail with a focused goal of zero rework.
- Assisting Supervisor / Engineering in developing processes that will improve operations.
- Material handles in the area and can provide finished packaging
- Other duties as assigned
Why Work for MEC?
We don’t want to brag, but we are honored to be the largest fabricator in the nation for 9 years in a row. In fact, you can find MEC on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: MEC). This would not be possible without the hard work and dedication from our 2,500 plus team members. MEC is employee-owned company meaning that what YOU do on an everyday basis impacts our success as a company. We’re also proud to be a company that is highly involved and actively supports the communities in which our facilities are located.
Founded in 1945, MEC is a manufacturer that provides a broad range of Prototyping, Metal Fabrication, Tube Bending, Machining, Welding, Coating, and Value-Added Assembly services to a variety of markets including Commercial Vehicle, Power Sports & Recreational Vehicles, Agriculture, Construction & Forestry, Military, Mining, Automotive, and Power Generation companies. We continue to have an aggressive growth plan, operating 19 manufacturing facilities that are strategically located near its customers in eight states.
What Does It Take to Be a Fit for This Role?
- Having manufacturing experience is required.
- Experience with operating automated Robotic Brakes or non-automated Press Brakes
- Ability to understand work orders and follow instructions.
- Ability to understand and follow at MEC safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to left up to 50 lbs at a time. This position involves a lot of bending, twisting and lifting.