The Engineering Designer will be responsible for the development and creation of product designs in 3-D CAD software. This individual will also launch new product and carry out testing of the designs / design changes. The ideal candidate will possess the aptitude to concept design improvements and create fixtures configured in such a manner to meet the needs of a given application. All redesign and new design work will incorporate functionality, reliability and manufacturing efficiency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May be required on an infrequent basis to travel, which may also require overnight stays away from home
- Must be willing to work additional hours as needed, additional hours will be accounted for
Education and/or Experience
- Highly proficient with Solid Modeling CAD software. Preferably SolidWorks. SolidWorks certification is a plus. Possible certifications include associate, professional or expert level.
- The ability to read, analyze, interpret and compose business documents
- Ability to present information in concise, orderly fashion
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define and work through everyday problems
- Ability to collect and understand data presented in written, oral, diagram and schedule form
Other Skills and Abilities
- We require an individual with a strong sense of general design concepts with expert communication and organizational skills
- Self-starter, self-motivated with the ability to take the lead in coordinating with other disciplines
- Capable of working as part of a team as well as on an individual basis
- Understanding of fabrication, machining, time management, materials, tool assembly and inspection a plus
- Solid personal computer skills. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point are a must
- Use of modern technologies such as a variety of graphical user interfaces and attention to proper industrial design practice
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or listen. Specific vision abilities are required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. General mechanical ability is a must, including use of general tools and machinery.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level of the work environment is usually quiet; however periodic exposure to high noise levels and manufacturing environments will occur.