ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Using provided setup sheet operators verify correct filler metal is installed, changes filler as needed.
- Adjusts weld gas flow per given wps instructions.
- Sets up manual weld machine or downloads program per set up sheet instructions.
- Verifies proper tooling is installed in the robot or staged in manual area.
- Reviews weld requirements from weld prints (size, spacing, location, ECT).
- Loads and locates parts into tooling per print and work instructions.
- Welds part per costumer provided prints.
- Removes weld spatter and scale from finished parts.
- May be required to remove material by grinding (metal finishing) using power tools and manually to meet customer specifications.
- Performs quality checks per set up sheet.
- Maintains welding equipment and sees that work area is orderly and clean.
- Required to rework parts up to customer specifications.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Welding candidates must be able to perform each essential duty as assigned to a satisfactory level. The requirements below are representative of the required knowledge skill and / or ability to perform up to MEC standards. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Must be able to read weld prints or have the ability to learn.
- Must be able to pass MEC manual weld test and written weld tests.
- Demonstrate proficiency in welding using various processes.
- Has knowledge of or the ability to gain knowledge of weld filler wire, weld gas applications.
- Able to or have the ability learn to down load programs to robot work centers.
- Able to read blue prints, including dimensions, views, and welding symbols.
- Able to work safely and productively within weld / robotic weld area.
- Able to use or have the ability to learn to use various precision measuring tools.
- Must have a working knowledge of or able to gain a working knowledge of weld fixtures.